THANK YOU to all of our Coach and Assistant Coach Volunteers!
Pre-School, Pre-K and Kindergarten Program: Sessions begin Saturday April 10th, 2021. Pre-School / Pre-K / Kindergarten Session Times on Saturday mornings are as follows (Times are subject to change):
- Pre-School Session 1: 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
- Pre-K Session 1: 11:00 AM - 12:00 AM
- Pre-K Session 2: TBD (if needed)
- Kindergarten Session 1: 9:00 AM - 9:30 AM
- Kindegarten Sessioni 2: 10:30 AM - 11:00 AM (if needed)
Pre-School, Pre-K and Kindegarten do not have week night practices. Practices/scrimmages are run on Saturdays only at the scheduled time. Lisa Scott runs the practices with the help of volunteer parents. Lisa takes care of planning practices for the players and the volunteer parents are there to help supervise the players. Kindegarten will practice with LIsa for 30 minutes then have their own 30 minute game run by parent volunteers.
- 1st / 2nd grade: Saturday April 10th, 2021
- 3rd through 12th grade: Saturday April 10th, 2021
- Practices are tentatively scheduled to start the week of March 29th. Depending on weather and volunteers could push the start back.
- Practices for 1st-4th grades are Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday 6 pm to 7 pm
- Practices for 5th-12th grades are Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday 6 pm to 7:30 pm
- Practices are held at Washington Elementary School on Route 100 in Barto for 1st-4th grades
- Practices are held at Fox Field (old Victoria Park) off of Niantic Road in Barto (across the street from Washington Elementary School) for 5th-12th grades
Weekend Game Times:
Because of parking restrictions at each venue, only a limited number of games can be run at any one time.
1st Grade through Fourth Grade: One 1st/2nd - 3rd/4th grade game (one game at each age group) being played during each time period.
Fifth through Twelfth Grade: Games will be scheduled beginning at 9:00AM Saturday mornings and extending throughout the day but games may be scheduled on Sunday afternoons and Friday evenings as well. Times of the last games on Saturdays will be determined by the number of teams.
If your child participates in an age group having an ODD number of teams, you should expect Sunday afternoon games to allow each team to play at least one game each weekend. Sunday games will not be scheduled any earlier than 1:00PM. Weeknight games will also be scheduled for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd/4th grades if needed.
Rained out game days may be made-up on Sunday afternoons or weeknights. Sunday home games will not be scheduled any earlier than 1:00PM.
Picture Day: Cancelled for the spring 2021 season due to covid
- RAIN or SHINE EVENT!
- Game & Photo Schedule Posted on intramural tab under schedules.
- Pictures will be at Washington Elementary School Gym
BSC Spring Festival: Will not be held this year because of covid.
During the festival, each team will play 3-4 half-length games.
Final Scheduled Games:
- Pre-School through 2nd grade: Saturday June 5th, 2021
- 3rd through 12th grade: Saturday June 12th, 2021
Make Up Game Day - All Age Groups: Saturday June 12th/Sunday June 13th (Can be done earlier if both teams agree)
Make Up Deadline (last possible makeup games): Sunday June 13th
PRE-K THROUGH 4th GRADE PLAYER TRANSPORTATION REQUESTS:
- In the intramural group, a maximum of two transportation requests (in date order received) will be allowed for any one player per age group. Siblings in the same age group will count as one player. Example: Sally Smith is a first grade player. John Fox and Louise Moyer request Sally for carpool purposes on January 10th and 12th. This is OK. Brenda Davis registers on January 20th and requests Sally as well. This will not be allowed because Sally already has two requests.
- Stacked requests will not be honored. From the above example: Brenda Davis requests to play with John Fox for carpooling. This request will not be honored because John has already requested to play with Sally for carpooling.
- All transportation requests will be reviewed and approved by the Intramural Director. The purpose of the change to transportation requests is to discourage "team building". Requests that appear to be for the purpose of team building will not be honored or may be modified (ie, players in a stacked request may be placed on a different team that would still allow some carpooling.)
- Requests for specific coaches will not be honored at Pre-K through 4th Grade. Parents may ask for one coach that they do not want their child to have.
When registration is opened, all roster spots will be made available. Age divisions may be filled before the late registration period begins.
Due to the way players and teams must now be reported to EPYS, Pre-School through 4th Grade is called INTRAMURAL and 5th through 12th is now called RECREATIONAL in the registration system. BSC continues to regard both as parts of the BSC Intramural program.