Boyertown Soccer Club offers a structured Intramural Program that provides quality soccer instruction during two separate seasons; in spring and in the fall. Our Intramural Program allows children ages 3-18 to play the game of soccer in a fun, educational environment with structured practice time and games. The Intramural Program focus is player development while providing a great soccer experience to foster a love of the game in our children.
BSC Intramural Spring/Fall Age Group Information:
- Pre-School / Pre-K – Meets once a week with Lisa Scott on Saturday’s for 45-60 minutes. Participants will be provided a T-shirt. The time will be split between skills and scrimmage.
- Kindegarten - meets once a week for 30 minutes with Lisa Scott and then will play a 30-minute game. The game will be run by parent volunteers.
- 1st Grade and 2nd grade – Meets twice weekly (Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs) for approx. 1 hour practices. Games are played primarily on Saturdays, with the occasional weeknight or Sundaygame against other BSC teams. Participants receive a full uniform of jersey, shorts and socks.
- 3rd through 12th Grade - Meets twice weekly (Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs) for approx. 90 minute practices (3rd and 4th grade meet for 1 hour). Games are played primarily on Saturdays (9:00am to 4:00pm start times) but there may be Sunday or Friday evening games. Participants receive a full uniform of jersey, shorts and socks. These teams participate in the Suburban Counties Soccer League (SCSL), comprised of teams from Amity, Coventry, Methacton, Perkiomen Valley, Phoenixville, Pottsgrove and West-Mont. This league is in place to allow for more teams in a division, while it also adds a level of intrigue for the players who have their chance to compete against a neighboring club. Please check the SCSL website for more information regarding the league and schedules (www.suburbancounties.org).
- If your child participates in an age group having an ODD number of teams, you should expect Sunday afternoon games to allow each team to play at least one game each weekend. Sunday games will not be scheduled any earlier than 1:00PM.
Equipment - Please put your child's name on all soccer balls, drinks and outerwear.
- All players must wear shin guards during practice and games. This is mandatory.
- Players are not permitted to wear jewelry of any kind (for safety reasons).
- Soccer cleats or turf shoes are recommended but sneakers are allowed (No Metal cleats or Baseball cleats).
- A soccer ball should be brought to all games and practices (per size info noted below): Pre-School, Pre-K and Kindergarten - Size 3 soccer ball / 1st through 6th Grade - Size 4 soccer ball / 7th through 12th Grade - Size 5 soccer ball.
- A water or drink bottle. (No glass/breakable bottles please!)
For questions about the Intramural program, please contact Chris Bowe, Intramural Director.